Guppy Die Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltair

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I check my tanks once a day to account and observe for every living thing in the tank, generally this is at meal time. Yesterday by 30gal planted with three Fan Tail Guppies, two Platies, two Cories, two Female Swords, a Clown Pleco, two Ottos and five ghost shrimp were fine. No sign of any trouble.

This morning I was missing a Guppy. He was just gone. In looking for him I also found one of my shrimp dead. I checked the water and got good numbers. 0amm 0Nrite 5Nrate. Didn't have time to do a water change this a.m. so planned it for the evening. Were were gone all day and when I arrived home both remaining guppies were dead. All the other fish in the tank appear healthy no outward sign of problems. I did a 50% change and still didn't find the missing Guppy. Food for the others? What could have caused a complete die off of all my Guppies, but appears to be leaving my other fish alone? Thoughts?

Check your water parameters again to make sure you don't have something funny going on.

Have you added anything new to the tank recently? Anyway for contaminants to have gotten in the tank?

I moved the swords from a smaller tank into the large tank, and took two Platies out of the large tank to go in the smaller. The Otto's are two weeks, maybe three?, in may tanks and I did not QT them as I was worried about their fragile nature, also a couple of the shrimp are new. Water parameters still check out 0,0,<5

Back
Top Bottom