Has anyone ever kept angel fish, gouramis, and tiger barbs in the same tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kades

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm not doing it. I'm just wondering if anyone had with any succsess? I have tiger barbs, gouramis, and a blood parrot. I want to add something else to finish the tank off. Any suggestions?

I've got angels and dwarf gouramis co-habitting beautifully, i wanted tiger barbs but literally EVERY source I researched said it was a bad idea. I suppose if it's a ridiculously big tank (100g+) there'd be a possibility of them being able to avoid each other?

I received a 44 corner gallon tank with fish when someone moved out of town. It had 3 fancy goldfish, 2 angels,parrot fish, tiger barbs, platy, neon tetras and an African Clawed Frog. I transferred the goldfish to another tank because of their filtration and space needs.

The 2 angels, parrot fish, tiger barbs, platy and frog have thrived. I have no experience with gouramis. But if you keep the Tiger barbs in a school of 6+ they should be okay....

I have 8 tiger barbs, 1 parrot, and 2 gouramis. I want one more species of fish to put in the tank. The tiger barbs have never given me too much trouble they mostly keep to themselves. the gouramis are pretty neat but they hang around the same area unless in feeding them, and the blood parrot I never see it hides 24/7. I want something that doesn't get big and take up all the space because the parrot will need all of it. By the measurements its about a 45 or 47. It was given to me so I didn't know the exact size.

Angels can get as big as a blood parrot, but if you choose one of the smaller-types you should be good to go. My blood parrot was shy at first but has been coming out more and more. Try adding also an african clawed frog, mine is fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom