Heater and cleaning supplies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mkeuper6361

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone! I have a 12 gallon tank without a heater or an algae scraper (shame on me! I've had this tank for 2 weeks) Can you post pictures of stuff I should buy for heaters and cleaning tools and where to buy them? I am a starter and I want stuff that is reliable! Thank you so much! I know I need the stuff but I don't want to waste money on worthless items!

Some tips and welcome.

The Aqueon or Fluval 50w heaters are your best value for the money. Don't buy an off brand cheapie here. A heater failure can be total tank destroyer with all the money on fish lost. Top fin makes a reasonably priced cleaning tool with changeable heads for glass cleaning(soft pad) and algae scraping(metal blades). The handle is length adjustable too. I got mine at petsmart. Good luck. Another big money saver is the cut to fit filter pad sheet. I'm enclosing a picture of it. OS.

Attachments

• DSCF1054.jpg
    DSCF1054.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 37
I got a fluval 50 at pet supplies plus for 7$ heats my 10 gal great! Minimal fluctuation..

I have a fluval E series 300w heater, it can hold my tank at around 26'c (78.8'f) no problem, but struggles to get it up over 30'c (86'f).

It was holding 82 F no prob when I had my EBR in the tank, now it's 79 all day/all night, in an in-heated kitchen, not bad for the price

I have a fluval E series 300w heater, it can hold my tank at around 26'c (78.8'f) no problem, but struggles to get it up over 30'c (86'f).
I also have a fluval E series heater, 200w. I find that it is slow to heat up the 27g tank, however..

I have a cheap top fin 200w in my 37g. It doesn't have any numbers on it so I have to adjust it according to my thermometer but it works great and I have no issues with it reaching any temp I am aiming for. As far as an algae scraper I have a mag float and it seems to work great. Honestly it really fun to play with and I never have to get my hands wet!

Back
Top Bottom