Help me identify this beauty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessybehr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think its a type of loach

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428383172635.jpg
    1428383172635.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 106
Thank you! I thought so but wasn't sure I'm in love!

I just got him so any advice would be wonderful

A group of 5-6 is best. I have 2 and they don't seem to eat. Hopefully when i increase their group size they will eat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The guy told me on was fine I'll go and get a couple more.

I do have a group of 5 Cory's in the tank as well can she school with them? Or prefer their own species

Research research research and more research. I have been slowly gathering information on these guys for a month or so now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Going to go and get him a four more companions ?

I have 5 and they are one of my favorite fish I have ever owned. So funny the places they get themselves into and they roll around and chase each other around the tank. Very cute.

29g Community

3g Betta

The tank she's in I already have 5 Cory's, 5 neon tetras and 2 mollies so I'm a little worried about over crowding. But I'm moving my goldfish into a 30 gallon soon so ill prob but the mollies and Cory's in my ten gallon

They prefer sand but your gravel looks smoothed off so they should be just fine. Some people put them on that jagged normal aquarium gravel and they get all scraped up. I adopted my adult Kuhli from a tank he didn't belong in at all!!! He was all scraped and scared up. He's much better now.

29g Community

3g Betta

I'm going to get a nice smooth log for them to hide in

What do you think of the stock I have already is to much?

What do you think of the stock I have already is to much?

You could plug the values into AquaAdvisor and see what you get. IMO two negatives are the Molly pair in a 10g (bioload) and the number of bottom feeders already present.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kuhli loaches love hiding under rocks, logs and burrowing into substrate the more hiding spots and the larger the group the more they're active. They have a small bio load so stocking wise you should be good as long as theirs room for them among the Corys. Kuhlis are bottom feeders so you won't see them eat very much. They are nocturnal but will come out during the day with time and patients. I have 5 black Kuhlis and a striped one and they're just now starting to come out after almost 6 months of having them

Sent from peliper

Back
Top Bottom