help needed for Dojo/Weather Loach keep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pglenn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to keep a Dojo loach in my 29g planted tank but have had no success so far with 2. The first one I had, it just dissapeared. I have assumed that he found his way out of my tank but found no trace of him. After that I completely covered open spaces in the back of my hood, but the 2nd one crawled his way - partially - into the outlet of my H.O.T. Magnum and got himself stuck and died before I found him there.

I have searched on the web and my LFS for some cover for filter outlet but have been unsuccesful. I would welcome any suggestions, ideas, and/or fellow stories in regards to (perhaps) keeping my next dojo where he belongs

tank inhabitants currently are 4 rainbow, 1 dwarf puffer, 6 octo catfish, 1 "rubber-mouth" pleco, and 6-10 (exact number unknown) ghost shrimp.

Patrick Glenn

What size tank is it?
I never have problems with fish jumping out or anything, yet i have a huge portion of the hood missing were the filter is and another hole in the hood on the other side of the tank.
My dojo is fine. I feed him shrimp pellets and he eats any flakes that fall down. He's currently around seven inches long.

Back
Top Bottom