Help on water testing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PH- 7.4, ammonia-0, nitrite-0. Test Nitrate. Either your cycle hasn't started or it's over, I'm guessing it's yet to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

PH- 7.4, ammonia-0, nitrite-0. Test Nitrate. Either your cycle hasn't started or it's over, I'm guessing it's yet to start.

Tanks been set up since January so it can't be just starting so u think it's over?

You're cycled, just shake the nitrate bottle like it hid Legos all over the house and threw your shoes out the window. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're cycled, just shake the nitrate bottle like it hid Legos all over the house and threw your shoes out the window. .

Thx brook ? do the parameters look good tho?

Your Tank's Water Chemistry

Here are my results.. View attachment 246748 how do u think they are?

Hello rock...

The tank water has a trace of ammonia. Provided the tank is properly cycled and you're following a sound tank management routine, you should remove and replace half the tank water and replace that with pure, treated tap water.

B

Hello rock...

The tank water has a trace of ammonia. Provided the tank is properly cycled and you're following a sound tank management routine, you should remove and replace half the tank water and replace that with pure, treated tap water.

B

Yes the water tested was after the water change I did today

There they are... that's very high rocky, what's your wc routine?

Wow yeah you've got some nitrates there! Your cycled. How people can tell that with out seeing nitrates is a bit baffling though... I'd say another water change is in order as your at about 80ppm.

I'm gonna do a water change right now. How much do u suggest I take out

You may need to up the wc routine, have you tested your tap? Really don't want trates above 30ppm, 20 is ideal, that's after a 40% wc? Either they were around 120 ppm or your tap is loaded..

Think of it as the water is the nitrates, so 50 % WC would bring you roughly to 40 ppm, ideal nitrate levels are 5-20 ppm.

Think of it as the water is the nitrates, so 50 % WC would bring you roughly to 40 ppm, ideal nitrate levels are 5-20 ppm.

But I can't change the entire tank that ruins the chemistry correct!

Not entirely, BB is in the substrate, filter, and on glass and decor, large water changes won't affect it. Don't do all water at once but a 60% WC then refilling the tank, and doing another can help.

Hmm, looks like you're starting with 20ppm..

Back
Top Bottom