help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm starting a 55+ gallon tank in the next month or so and i'm already thinking about stocking haha. I'm planning on serpae tetras, bleeding heart tetras, some type of pleco, and i was thinking yellow lab as centerpiece. Will this work?

What kind of pleco were you thinking?

The yellow lab isn't going to work because it would kill all those fish and needs a whole other setup entirely.

hm, i dont need the yellow, would silver dollars work?

55 is the smallest i would go, so how many of each school should i go?

will the tetras im thinking about school nicely do you think?

i suggest a rainbow or redtail shark for your tank,they are awesome. the tetras should school if biger fish are present. why do you want a pleco? algae control or looks?

silver dollars...they get a lot larger than you'd think. I saw some at the Chattanooga (sp?) aquarium in Tennessee. I think they were 14 inches long

i suggest a rainbow or redtail shark for your tank,they are awesome. the tetras should school if biger fish are present. why do you want a pleco? algae control or looks?

looks for sure, i love plecos :)

shark is on the list, but im looking for something with more color

I had 3 silver dollars in my old 55g. Was sad to see them go but didn't and don't have time for 2 tanks. I think they would be awesome. They need the length to swim and are so cute to watch :)

Back
Top Bottom