Help water algae bloom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marble128

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need advice on what to do to get rid of a water algae bloom in a 20 gallon fresh water planted tank. I have been doing water changes twice a week for the last 3 weeks and dosing with flourish excel. I believe the bloom was due to a hidden dead fish.

I need advice on what to do to get rid of a water algae bloom in a 20 gallon fresh water planted tank. I have been doing water changes twice a week for the last 3 weeks and dosing with flourish excel. I believe the bloom was due to a hidden dead fish.

Lighting? Exact type and color spectrum and length of time they are on?
Close to a window?
Are your plants growing healthy?
Feeding too much?
What kind of algae?

Algae bloom ?
Green water?
Cyanno bacteria ?
BBA ?
Many different types of algae so several ways to rid it..
A picture will help if you have multiple types.

I have a fluval fresh and plant 2 light full spectrum. Lights on for 8 hours. I believe I have green algae.no window. Plants look well. Not feeding too much. Had a San Juan catfish die and decompose in tank.

Attachments

• 20180212_200431.jpg
    20180212_200431.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180212_200434.jpg
    20180212_200434.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 49
Water usually green and can't see anything. Did a 50 percent water change yesterday

I have a fluval fresh and plant 2 light full spectrum. Lights on for 8 hours. I believe I have green algae.no window. Plants look well. Not feeding too much. Had a San Juan catfish die and decompose in tank.

To much light not enough plants also a Uv light and some floating plants will also help get your self some plants nice tank

Back
Top Bottom