Hexagonal discus tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I could get quality discus for that price I would have already tried it! I don't think there is any reason to be scared. You just need to test your water, and go slow. Even though it's a small footprint it is still a large water column. They don't need a lot of room because they are slow moving and not very active. Even if you can only have two, that would still be an awesome tank.

I agree, but just for the record they would need more horizontal swimming space for more adults than a mated pair. As far as cichlids go, discus are peaceful, but they are still cichlids and bullying is not uncommon. I know that Oscarr19 has made it pretty clear he's looking to keep a mated pair in the long term, but I'm just throwing that out there for anyone else that might be reading this thread. :)

I would still be able to have tank mates with the mated pair if I have no intention of breeding correct? Or I might do some research on breeding discus and give it a shot, heck why not make a little cash while I'm at it :p

My only concern is actually ending up with a pair :s

With mating going on they might become more aggressive towards other tankmates. Also, like others have said buying a proven mating pairs is very expensive. Did you say you could get mated pairs for the same price? If so then that a good investment haha.

No don't wanna dish out so much for a mated pair. Would my best bet be to get a few discus until I see some pair off?

Also, this might be a stupid question but would I be able to just get 2 juvies or would they not be happy/aggressive?

How hard would it be to get about 6 discus and end up with a pair?

Back
Top Bottom