Homemade background idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

something_fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I did this in my first tank(10gal). you buy those bags of polished river stones and build a wall sticking them together with aquarium safe silicon and sand, this gives a cool natural look that the fish can swin in and around. It really looked great and cleaning was a snap since it all came out in one piece. Just an idea for anyone thinking of being creative. :D

It's a great idea, and can look really nice if you spend the time to fit the rocks together well. It's less expensive than importing those awesome in-tank molded backgrounds from Sweden.

I'd never even thought of an ' inside background ' before, if you're creative enough to pull it off, I'm sure it'd look brilliant.

Wow! That's a great idea... now I have mental designs on an in-tank background for my next tank... if I took a sheet of plastic to attach stuff to, I could do rocks and fake plants and some drifwood and... thanks! :D

Nice idea!

Wow!,i never thought of trying that.My current tank only has a piece of brown paper round the back! It's hexagonal ,so would be a bit of a pain to do , but may use it for my next tank (getting excited now :p), it's my 26th birthday pressie to myself! (well why not!). Rather appropriate for a geology student :wink: , though i may have to include a few fossils to satisfy the paleontologist in me!!! :lol:

some people silicone natural cork bark tiles to the back of their tank and staple plants like java moss and java fern to it to eventually create a living background. i haven't tried it yet, but i'm planning on it.

Back
Top Bottom