How big a tank do I need for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Topazmonkey422

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How big of a tank would I need for 2x Assorted Oscars 5-7cm*
1x Green Terror 5-7cm
1x Yellow Salvini cichlid 5-6cm*
2x Green Severum 5-7cm
2x Firemouth 5-7cm
2x Jack Dempsey 4-5cm

Sounds like an aggressive tank with a bunch of fish that get big. I'd go with the biggest you can afford and try to stock based on that.

Thank you

I haven’t done a lot with aggressive fish I have only really kept community fish and am looking to experiment with them and was suggested to try those fish I have done lots of research but am finding it hard to find the right tank do you think a 500 litre is big enough??

Well 100 gallons (378 liters) would be just for the pair of oscars if that helps. They get about 12" (30cm) in size.
Again all the fish you want get big or might not be compatible.
Maybe stick to one species.

Just make sure that they are the same size when you get them.
Good luck. I love oscars , make sure you have a good filter because they are messy eaters.

Keep in mind all the fish are messy so just imagine the water changes. Do you already have the pleco or you just like them?

I already have 2 grown blue phantom Plecos them at have been breeding and the fry are now big enough to be moved on I am thinking of putting My oldest in in with them because I really like them and they’ll help clean up

They're not armored like common plecos, it might be ok if you give it some hiding spots the oscars can't reach.

All I can say is my Oscar tended to keep my Pleco pinned down under the rock structure in the tank and NOT allow it out to free swim

Back
Top Bottom