how do you empty your python?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
update: i just my first pwc with my 50' python, any idea on how to get the excess water out of the python?

:) I had the same question but since my husband is an ex-fireman he had the solution.

Carry the tube to the sink; put the pump back on "drain". Starting with the tube raise it up above your head and the water will run out of the tubing into the sink. When that part is empty let it go towards the floor as you raise up the next section. Try and coil the emptied part up on the floor rather than just letting it land haphazardly - it'll be a little easier to put away.

Yep, just put your faucet on full force and let suction and gravity do the work. I empty mine the same way. I coil it over my shoulder as I empty it.

that works- thanks

i had used a gravel vac to empty the water to a window, forgot that it has a drain ability

Yup, I coil it in my arms as I go for the 50'. For the 100' I have James stand there and coil it over his arms. lol

Back
Top Bottom