How in the....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuhli Loach

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright so in my new 55 gal tank, a friend gave me a pictus cat. I told him when I find someone to sell It to ill give him the money since it's his fish. Today I couldn't find him, so I tore the tank apart trying to find him. I couldn't, then it hit me. Some strange way he could have gotten under my undergravel filter. There he was...dead. How in the h**l could he have gotten under there??? I have carp bars on my filter tube so nothing could get in. Caps on all my unused filter holders and 2-3 inches of gravel, and the gravel is NOT SMALL. It is pretty large (but smooth). How??? Just tell me How?!?

Okay i will give it a shot... Is your filter strong? And your saying there is NO way he could have gotten in there?

The filter is strong enough to push the guppy I bought after the pictus died. There is no way he could've gotten In there that I no about.

I feel ya! I had not saw my upside down catfish in a few days so during a pwc I decided to take everything out and look for him. I looked through all the decorations when I took them out. Sifted throught the gravel and then when I turned around I saw him on the towel with the decorations. Not sure what he hitchhiked in as there isn't really anything he could have. Darn fish wants to kill its self.

Sorry you lost your fish though. :(

littlebitlarisa said:
I feel ya! I had not saw my upside down catfish in a few days so during a pwc I decided to take everything out and look for him. I looked through all the decorations when I took them out. Sifted throught the gravel and then when I turned around I saw him on the towel with the decorations. Not sure what he hitchhiked in as there isn't really anything he could have. Darn fish wants to kill its self.

Sorry you lost your fish though. :(

Ah nooo :( how??? :(

He is?! Wow tough fish... I have a feather fin cat and they are quite similar. I cant imagine him digging down to an undergravel filter... Im sorry i have no answers

Back
Top Bottom