How Many Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncledudly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am thinking about buying 5 gallon tank with dimensions of 11.8Wx11.8Dx16.8H. How many small fish can I use, e.g. Neon Tetras?:confused:

Choosing a Tank

I am thinking about buying 5 gallon tank with dimensions of 11.8Wx11.8Dx16.8H. How many small fish can I use, e.g. Neon Tetras?:confused:

Hello Unc...

Pass on the small tank. They're no good for you as the waterkeeper or especially for any fish. If you're tank hunting, go with a 30 gallon at minimum. If you do, you'll thank me and your fish will thank "you".

B

Yep, exactly what he said. This hobby is very moorish.

I started last year with a 9G, switched that to a 30G and I'm now running a 60G.

There's no point in starting so small.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That'd be a good size for a betta, dwarf puffer, scarlet badis or a shrimp colony but any schooling fish would greatly appreciate a tank with a larger footprint.

Considering that a twenty isn't much more, I recommend you get a twenty. Much more you can stock in a twenty. Or a 29.. They are just a few inches taller than a twenty so their foot print is the same, but the fish enjoy the extra space nonetheless! :)

Back
Top Bottom