How many shrimp pellets should I feed my cories daily?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishshl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have three panda cories( 1" ~ 1.5"). How many shrimp pellets should I give to them every day?

Since the pellets are really a supplement, I would go with 4 pellets 3 times a week. No reason to feed them everyday. As an example, I have 3 cories, 6 bristlenoses and a 8" sailfin pleco and I only give 12 pellets 3 times a week.

what do you feed them the rest of the time? my cories get excess bloodworms once a week, and they get flake as well every time I feed the tank, plus their daily pellets...well not right now..the tank isnt getting fed this week....but normally

I think you answered the question. Cories are scavengers and will scarf up any leftover food that makes it's way down to them. They are also algae nibblers as well. Think of it this way, if they aren't resting, they are scavenging for food along the bottom of the tank.

Why are you not feeding the tank this week?

I feed flake 2 times daily for my neon and platy. Currently, after light out, I will put two shrimp pellet(0.2" long each, wardley shrimp Pellets) for my cory. It looks too much now.

Are your guy's cories active?

My origianl one is quite active. But the two I bought last week, they are a little larger and not very active, most of time , they rest on the bottom.
They look also white than my original one.

Most of time, they swim and rest individually.

Is this normal?

Thanks

the tank wasnt gettignfed because of the cycle I accidently forced the tank in to. apparantly Idid to much to quick to the tnak and killed most of the beneficial bacteria. so I am alreaedy have nitrogen build-up problems Idont want to add food to the mix to make it worse. Iam back to feeding now though

Those shrimp pellets swell up about 3X in water. It took my six anaeus corys about two hours to consume one!!!

I have the shrimp pellets also but use them sparingly. I have 3 cory's and give them 1 or 2 pellets a week. I had a gravel substrate originally and the pellets would get inbetween the gravel and rot. I had all kinds on algae problems. I had to tear down the whole tank and I believe it was due to those pellets. I now have sand and I have not had a problem with rotting pellets anymore. I may get up the nerve to give them pellets more often but am reluctant for now.

Vacuuming the gravel weekly during PWC should get rid of most rotting food. Aside from flakes, the occasional pellet and wafers, you can add veggies to the mix of food you feed your tank. There is an article in the articles' section describing the preparation of many veggies.

Back
Top Bottom