How much safe start for 20 gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
Idk why tetra gives you a measuring lid but no say on how much to use other than "up to 75 gallons?"

Measuring

image-3871204108.jpg

Add all of it so we can make you buy another bottle.

image-66359739.jpg

So that's apparently bottled live bacteria?

How would it survive the transport + the time on the shelf?

If there is any bacteria in there I'd say its not enough to help cycle a tank lol.

I dunno man, my sister is a forensic scientist and she calls bull on those claims haha.

Imma go read up on that product (if it works I'm gonna use it in future!!)

Almost every review I have read has praised it !

Also water cleared up after about a half hour as the bacteria made its way to through the filter and substrate

Almost every review I have read has praised it !

Also water cleared up after about a half hour as the bacteria made its way to through the filter and substrate

The water would clear even if it was just plain liquid with some particles in it, the filter would funnily enough "filter" the water to make it clear.

I just don't see how it can have live bacteria in it lol.

Don't always trust reviews. Websites can remove bad ones, and pay to get positive reviews posted.

Don't always trust reviews. Websites can remove bad ones, and pay to get positive reviews posted.

Trust me i know how the system works it sickens me ! I'm an electronic media major I read over 150 reviews on amazon and other sites . You can spot the fake ones usually! They are usually long and use big fancy word structures. And describe how the product works

Tetra safestart uses bio-spira. It has been proven to work. I have used it on my 60 gallon and it was cycled within a week. I recommended it to a friend and he had the same results. There is a lfs here and he uses bio-spira bacteria to cycle his saltwater tanks (not sure of the brand for saltwater) and he swears by it. I have read numerous reviews and threads of other people having success with it. Many people that keep saying bacteria in a bottle does not work are basing their opinion from other products that do not work. Bio-spira does work which is what tetra safestart has.

Tetra safestart uses bio-spira. It has been proven to work. I have used it on my 60 gallon and it was cycled within a week. I recommended it to a friend and he had the same results. There is a lfs here and he uses bio-spira bacteria to cycle his saltwater tanks (not sure of the brand for saltwater) and he swears by it. I have read numerous reviews and threads of other people having success with it. Many people that keep saying bacteria in a bottle does not work are basing their opinion from other products that do not work. Bio-spira does work which is what tetra safestart has.

Ya I tried the top fin stuff tank was t cycling!

But why doesn't the fish store owner use media from another tank to cycle ? Also

Is this something I have to keep adding with water changes or is it self propagating ?

You do need to have fish in the tank when you put the safestart in to keep the bb growing. I don't remember the details, but somehow the way it is sealed in the bottle keeps the bb active until poured into the tank and from there the waste from fish keeps it alive and growing.

You do need to have fish in the tank when you put the safestart in to keep the bb growing. I don't remember the details, but somehow the way it is sealed in the bottle keeps the bb active until poured into the tank and from there the waste from fish keeps it alive and growing.

Well I'm 47%stocked I was almost fully cycled but I needed it sooner so I got safe start.

TSS works, but one thing the bottle does not say is to make sure you add it at least 24 hours after using an ammonia-binding agent. Keep in mind, TSS will not instantly cycle a tank; it just speeds up the cycle, and, depending on your stock and feeding habits, keep the ammonia at a manageable level.

David

TSS works, but one thing the bottle does not say is to make sure you add it at least 24 hours after using an ammonia-binding agent. Keep in mind, TSS will not instantly cycle a tank; it just speeds up the cycle, and, depending on your stock and feeding habits, keep the ammonia at a manageable level.

David

Why do I need an ammonia binding agent

Back
Top Bottom