How To Care For Your Kuhli Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Dave

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am from the U.S. Virgin Islands, but I now live
Hello everyone,

In my most recent film I have decided to turn the camera lens on one of the most interesting and unique freshwater fish in the hobby. The KUHLI LOACH !

These fish have some strange features and habits that make them a very entertaining addition to a community tank. They are easy to feed and peaceful.

They don't have any teeth in their mouth/jaws, so there is no danger of them nipping at your other fish! They make a great cleanup crew in the aquarium and will eat just about anything. You may not see them as much as your other fish, but when you do it will always be a treat. Kids love them ! [The film is available for viewing on youtube.]

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you keep your Kuhlis, please share your info? What are you feeding them and tank, temps, etc??? How many do you have together?

My son loves them. He lives about 150 miles away and can’t find any local. So we are taking some up to him next Sunday. If my lfs has them. I got a battery powered pump for the trip.

Minimal stress then! Heat pack if necessary. (I live where it is getting cold now, but there is A/C cold too).

They are adorable and have such fun-loving personalities.

I have seen Kuhlis but TMair has the most beautiful Kuhlis I ever seen. Cute fat little guys. Very very cute.

I was actually thinking about getting a pair of them today. What's their temperature and pH requirements?

You need a pack of kuhli’s. Minimum of 6. I keep them 78-80 and PH 7.2–7.8.

Back
Top Bottom