Hydras?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just saw these today and i believe that they are hydras. Does anyone have any suggestions for their removal? Preferrably without removing the diftwood and without adding medication to the tank.

75748-albums12252-picture59794.jpg

Following.

Do you mean the white on it? Does it look like it's kind of engraved into the wood? Sorry, I can't help but that's what it looks like in your picture and I've got something similar on a piece of my DW.

Sorry, they are very top of the back piece of wood. There are 2 of them so far. And no they are definitely not a piece of the wood.

Just saw these today and i believe that they are hydras. Does anyone have any suggestions for their removal? Preferrably without removing the diftwood and without adding medication to the tank.

Ah yes! I see a hydra or two. Ermmmmm I remove them buy using an air tube as a little syphon!

Really? well.. that sounds easier than I thought it was going to be. I was prepared to try out treatments to kill pest anemones in salty tanks.

Really? well.. that sounds easier than I thought it was going to be. I was prepared to try out treatments to kill pest anemones in salty tanks.

Haha ya it's not that hard. U just need to make use the AirTube as a "scrapper" and scrap the hydra into the AirTube. Because when u first touch the hydra it will curl up into a ball. Haha

If you only have a few, which you may or may not, pull some hydrogen peroxide up in a syringe and squirt each one then suck them up with the syringe. Hydrogen peroxide kills them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom