Hydrogen peroxide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
I heard u can use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect new fish and new plants. I tried on my new betas and they seem fine. Would someone tell me how much HP I need? For example, if ur using bleach to disinfect newly bought plants, u would do 20 parts water and 1 part bleach. Is this the same with hydrogen peroxide?

I bought a small four ounce spray bottle like you used to spray moisten reptiles. I mixed 1 ounce hydrogen peroxide with 3 ounces water. Spray the plants until thoroughly wet all over, let sit five minutes and then plant. You can rinse them off with water afterwards but it's not necessary, as the trace amounts of H2O2 dissipates in the aquarium harmlessly. Hope this helps.

I won't dip new fishs into peroxide, but you can spot treat algae at 1-2ml/gallon with 3% peroxyde while filters off.

I wouldn't dip fish in hydrogen peroxide... Your betas are probably fine because betas are bomb proof, but that would be extremely risky with any other fish. Hydrogen peroxide dips are very common to use on new aquarium plants though to remove algae or snails/eggs.

Back
Top Bottom