I AM FINALLY CYCLED!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bucky Katt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After two months, my fishless cycle has complete. Time to go buy fish!!!!!

Well done! I bet you thought the time to buy fish would never come! I'm still cycling, although I'm doing a cycle with fish (although I wish I was doing it fishless now!), can't wait to have it completed.

Wow Bucky - its been awhile !!! Congratulations on finishing that cycle. Have fun stocking and enjoy the new fish. And keep us posted !!

I bought 5 peppered cories, 7 lemon tetras, and 7 Harlequin Rasboras.

I am waiting until these fish get settled in and then I am going to add 3 bolivian Rams.

I have a 30 gallon tank with fake plants.

Congrats on completing the cycle!!

Just some advice here...but test the water everyday.

I'll be suprised if you see no spikes in ammonia or nitrite.Thats quite a few fish added to a new tank....most likely the biolaod will be to much for the established bacteria....It will need to multiply to catch up with the demand and that takes time.

One thing that will help imo is to keep the feedings short and light.

I agree with SCFatz. Be prepared to change some water if you see a mini cycle. One more thing: I have found Bolivian rams to be pretty hardy fish overall, but I would still wait a month for your tank to adjust to your bioload before adding them. JMO.

I am waiting for the Bolivians. I plan to buy them in mid September. Also, I spiked my Ammonia to 4ppm to see if my cycle was completed at that level. It was gone in 24 hours. Also, I have checked the ammonia everyday since adding the fish and I am still seeing 0ppm Ammonia and 0 ppm Nitrites. So I am confident that my tank is established enough for the bioload that I added.

Well I'll disagree with the other 2 posters with a clause. If you fishless cycled and were able to convert >1ppm ammonia to nitrAte in under 24hours you will see NO spike whatsoever. The best thing about a fishless cycle is that you can build a bioload larger than your tank can handle easily with only a couple extra days of cycling.

I cycled a 20gallon fishless and was able to convert ~1.5ppm ammonia in under 24hours, I then stocked with 6 tiger barbs, 8 cherry barbs, 3 cory catfish, and 3 Oto's and never saw anything. I did give a day between additions but only because I was concerned with acclimation of the 3 groups.

I would definately still feed lightly and watch your levels, but if cycled properly you should not have to do PWC's more frequently than recommended.

Goodluck and congradulations for being one of the few who had enough patience to wait!

Back
Top Bottom