I lost my molly:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wiggles24

Aquarium Advice Addict
So some of you might remember me posting about my Molly that have birth about a month ago. I swore she was pregnant for months! Anyways she finally gave birth to close to thirty fry about a month ago, up til the point she had them she was a big, beautiful healthy fish. After giving birth

She was incredibly thin ad her fins were clamped i didn't think much of it I just left her in the breeder figuring she needed a little while to recover. After about a week her condition just didnrt improve although she ate readily she remained very thin, swam slowly and continued to clamp her fins. I moved her out of the breeder and let her swim free in one of my tanks I tried all sorts of food to help her gain weight, I feed her twice a day, she always ate just her appearance never changed. In her last week I noticed something else, the color on the top of her head disappeared like I could look right down into her head it was completely transparent. She ate yesterday morning before I left but when I went to feed her last night she was gone:( I just don't know what happened I have done some researching on fish disease n TB seems the closest but still not right, I suspect that it had something to do with her pregnancy. If snybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Eek.

Do you have other fish in the tank? TB is pretty contagious. Did she have any sores?

The same thing happened with my mollies, luckily it didn't spread to other fish. Sorry for your loss, what other fish do you have?

Yes she was exposed to other fish. Nobody else is sick like I said I don't think it actually was TB that's just the closest thing symptom wise I could find. To answer your question about what other fish I have, I have 7 aquariums! LOL the tank she was in though has blue finned killies, red eyed tetras, kuhli loaches n a banjo catfish.

Back
Top Bottom