ID fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I could buy that cichlid from you. A peaceful cichlid? What could be better :).

It was good timing. I've only got the chain pet stores in town so the selection stinks. Someone must have not known much about cichlids as they were dropped off to be adopted.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I hate it when people drop off fish to be adopted. Sometimes, they will leave them in buckets and not tell ANYONE. If an employee finds them, then they have a 50/50 chance of going in the trash.

I hate it when people drop off fish to be adopted. Sometimes, they will leave them in buckets and not tell ANYONE. If an employee finds them, then they have a 50/50 chance of going in the trash.

That's not true.. most donated fish face more scrutiny than sale fish. I've learned that personally by donating a few to my local "big box"
store.

Don't they usually have black on their fins?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not always there are some locations that don't.

It's actually a hybrid just looked it up.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
And you came up with this how? I'm not saying it couldn't be, but I'm curious as to where the answer came from.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not always there are some locations that don't.

And you came up with this how? I'm not saying it couldn't be, but I'm curious as to where the answer came from.

I Googled yellow labs with no black on fins lol

I still think it is a yellow lab, the fact is if you google labidochromis caeruleus, you will find blue, white, yellow and even dark orange ones, some with black edges and some without. It all depends on the stock it comes from. At some point mutations(like no black edges) are going to pop up and someone is going to breed for that trait.

I still think it is a yellow lab, the fact is if you google labidochromis caeruleus, you will find blue, white, yellow and even dark orange ones, some with black edges and some without. It all depends on the stock it comes from. At some point mutations(like no black edges) are going to pop up and someone is going to breed for that trait.

Probably the most logical response on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom