I'm getting a BN pleco tommorow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stop.alvin

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've seen these everywhere, all across Instagram, so I'm getting one for my 30 gallon tmmrw.
It has driftwood, so don't worry
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442623553.928046.jpg
It's manzanita wood that I got for just $9.99!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That big piece of wood was just $10? It's very nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hate to burst your bubble, but I had two red marble ones (that are more expensive than the common type) and I gave them both to my LFS. I could not stand the poop any longer. It piled up in my filter within days, and I couldn't keep ahead of it. It was disgusting. It was so nice to get them out of here, and have a clean filter again! Also, one got too aggressive, scaring other fish away from the food, and I just got fed up. You've been warned!

Yeah one female that my mother has is quite aggressive as well.

They are poop machines but it doesn't bother me so much. Just depends on how much you want to put up with to have them.

My BN Pleco is not aggressive at all.

That manzanita wood is really cool, but your pleco may not find it useful. Manzanita wood is very hard and not easy to chew. I'd add a couple small-ish pieces of standard bog wood to that tank. Be sure to feed veggies a few times per week.

Also, I don't know what type of filter you have on that tank, but you'll definitely want to over-filter with plecos. I upgraded to an AQ 70 for my 29, and am glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My BN Pleco is not aggressive at all.

That manzanita wood is really cool, but your pleco may not find it useful. Manzanita wood is very hard and not easy to chew. I'd add a couple small-ish pieces of standard bog wood to that tank. Be sure to feed veggies a few times per week.

Also, I don't know what type of filter you have on that tank, but you'll definitely want to over-filter with plecos. I upgraded to an AQ 70 for my 29, and am glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have an Aquaclear 70 for the tank too, so I'm ok. And I will look out for some pieces of wood.
Does cholla wood work well? It's very cheap for an abundance on eBay.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I had two red marble ones (that are more expensive than the common type) and I gave them both to my LFS. I could not stand the poop any longer. It piled up in my filter within days, and I couldn't keep ahead of it. It was disgusting. It was so nice to get them out of here, and have a clean filter again! Also, one got too aggressive, scaring other fish away from the food, and I just got fed up. You've been warned!

I have a Aquaclear 70. And I'm only getting one, but tanks for the info

Should I take some pictures of the store and fish?
The sell exotic stuff there. They have a really good fish selection. They don't have much if the common fish tho. They have exotics!!!! I've seen ranchu goldfish there, even the black ones.
Gold nugget plecos, green emerald plecos, and other very cool stuff.

Did you try Amazon or ebay for the bog wood/drift wood? I've ordered it off Amazon before.

Back
Top Bottom