Injured cory....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow!! What a day for my fish! :ermm:

Got a new full grown peppered cory in my tank. So this morning, she was missing. I figured she was just doing a really good job of hiding. This afternoon, I started to get concerned and decided to look for her. My diy canister intake is on the bottom of the tank about 3-4 inches above the sand. It's pvc with a stainless slotted thingy about an inch or so down inside of it (stainless thing prevents ghost shrimp from being sucked in). She had managed to get down into that inch or so of pipe before the stainless thing, and she couldn't get out. She was completely curled up in there on her side. :eek: I thought she was dead but when I turned the filter off and took off the stainless part, she was able to swim away. Her body is still kind of curled unnaturally, but she's swimming. She was great last night before this happened...all over the tank with a healthy appetite.

I guess there's not anything I can do for her, right? Just wait it out and see how she does? :nono:

if you see any damage toi her outside id say you add some stress coat or something to the water ( not stress coat, lol frogot the name) and otherwise just watch and hope... i had one of my midnight mollies get stuck in my java moss wall ancor , the slots are only about 1/4th an inch but he was stuck for a day and he was a little beat up and just hungry....

Great to hear and yes, cories are tanks!

Back
Top Bottom