is a 10g too small for 4 dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a betta crowntail, 4 dwarf gourami, 4 guppy and 13 neon tetra's and 4 cory cats in a 40 breeder.

so far the betta has been cool with the gourami and vise versa, but will it keep? I got my 10g back up and running. I would like to keep the betta in the 40 (he seems really happy with the space) and move the 4 gourami to the 10.

if not poor Buddy the Betta will have to move back to the 10, he'll be all alone save for a couple of cory cats.

I'd say you might be pushing it. A full-grown dwarf will be around 2", so that's 8" of your 1":1gal. Ratio. I have two new pearl gouramis in quarantine in the 10 gallon tank, but they're still small yet... But I wouldn't say they're thrilled with the accommodations.

I'd say move the betta. He'd be better in the 10g versus the 4 gourami. I've got my betta in a 10 g and he does great.

Four gourami in a 10g is very overstocked and gourami can often times be very aggressive with others of their own kind which would be even worse in such a small tank.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the input. I wasn't sure it would work so I asked. I will move Buddy the betta back to the 10g (he was there before the 40B).

Back
Top Bottom