is it ok to....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennymit21

Aquarium Advice Freak
feed your fish frozen peas (cooked before put in tank)? or should i only purchase the peas in a pod in the store and de-shell them? i'm supposed to give one of my fish some peas today to help with digestion (thank you Qtoffer) after a pigging out incident yesterday. Just wanted to find out before i did more harm than good

Yes, frozen peas are fine. I prefer frozen peas because they don't turn to mush in the tank water like canned ones. I've never tried using fresh peas.

I microwave the frozen peas for a few minutes in a glass measuring cup, cool, peel the skin, throw away the skin, and feed the "meat" of the pea to the fish. My bettas will only eat the pea if I break it down smaller for them, so it resembles their pellet food in size. I guess they're spoiled! But whatever it takes to get them to eat it!

Unless you get the "fresh" vegetables from your garden or a farmer's market it is likely that the frozen veggies will be *fresher*.

I threw in a frozen peapod once for the Pleco. It was boiled and cooled. He drug it around the tank for a couple days then ate everything but the peas inside! Funny how he left them intact.....I need to clean them from the filter now.

Back
Top Bottom