Is this safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bwanny

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it safe to swap one filter pad and one biowheel from a healthy tank to a struggling tank. That being said id take one filter pad and bio wheel and put it in the healthy tank and vice versa. Please help! Just had a fish die and trying to level it out fast. Im going to take more of the healthy tank water and put it directly into the unhealthy tank to replenish the bacteria and such.

Why do you say it is struggling?
I would not risk it. If there is a sick fish in one tank, why take the chance and contaminate the other?
Adding water from the "healthy" tank has no advantages. A water change will do it more good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Why do you say it is struggling?
I would not risk it. If there is a sick fish in one tank, why take the chance and contaminate the other?
Adding water from the "healthy" tank has no advantages. A water change will do it more good.

My tank is currently struggling from ammonia issues which boiled down to me buying a bag or crushed coral to buff the pH and get the beneficial bacteria going again to start the process again. Currently the pH keeps dropping too low from prime and that should help it. So adding in the healthy tanks pad and biowheel i thought might help as well as the water which has loads of good bacteria in it

Oh, I see. Yes, swapping some of the media should help. And water changes. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom