Is this too much???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khoifish89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently in my house I have 6 fish tanks (1-55gal, 2-10 gal, 1-2.5 gal, and 1-.5gal fry tank) also in the process of finishing building a 5ft L x 4ft Wx2ft H above ground pond to start my own at home koi fish selling. Is this too much fish tank?? Do I need an intervention?

Koi can get huge, our biggest ones are over 20" now. We have two ponds and the koi pond is about 18' x 14' x 3' deep and I keep thinking they are going to need a bigger pond in a few years. Koi are not that easy to breed and mostly a pair is put into a pond and after spawning are removed and the fry are left to grow. Parents will eat the fry. What you want to do is quite a task and you need to do some serious research if you really want to attempt to do it.

my plan is that buy these koi 3-4" keep in the above ground pond for sale. hoping that i will sell all of them and continue the cycle of buying and selling. so should i still be worry?

my plan is that buy these koi 3-4" keep in the above ground pond for sale. hoping that i will sell all of them and continue the cycle of buying and selling. so should i still be worry?

Those are called fingerlings and it can be done but the best thing for fingerlings is several small meals daily of high quality growth food. If your in an area that has cold winters you might lose some with the tank being above ground. I would also suggest good filtration for them, we actually raised a few of ours for their first winter in a 220g tank where temp and food could be regulated giving them a good start. So to answer your question you could do it in that size above ground pond but you need to really keep up on water quality and feeding.

Those are called fingerlings and it can be done but the best thing for fingerlings is several small meals daily of high quality growth food. If your in an area that has cold winters you might lose some with the tank being above ground. I would also suggest good filtration for them, we actually raised a few of ours for their first winter in a 220g tank where temp and food could be regulated giving them a good start. So to answer your question you could do it in that size above ground pond but you need to really keep up on water quality and feeding.

exactly, someone finally understand me. :D:D do you know where i can buy fingerlings online because i can only find one, blackwater koi. is there any more out there that sell fingerlings?

That's not even close to allot I have 5-55, 2-125, 6-10, 4-20, 1-75, 1-46, and 3-5.

moxi25 said:
That's not even close to allot I have 5-55, 2-125, 6-10, 4-20, 1-75, 1-46, and 3-5.

#1 where do you find time for water changes??!!

#2 please tell me you have well water because I'd hate to see that.water bill!!

Are they all over your house?? I'd love a tour! I bet family loves to visit!

dang i thought i have a lot of fish tank. i got beat.

#1 where do you find time for water changes??!!

#2 please tell me you have well water because I'd hate to see that.water bill!!

Are they all over your house?? I'd love a tour! I bet family loves to visit!

i know, where does moxi find the time to do all the water and i wonder how moxi's water bill look like?

I have no clue where to buy fingerlings online. My daughter got some with some large imported koi.

Back
Top Bottom