JD in a 46gal bow front?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savage72

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. This is my first post . I am currently working on a friend's SORELY neglected tank. Its a 75 gal. with a JD, red devil, pleco and two leopard corys. Using the API test kit the ammonia and nitrites are zero but the nitrates are off the chart even after testing with 50/50 tank and RO/DI water. I've done two 50% water changes and will do a couple more before bothering testing for nitrates again. She wants to get rid of the JD and red devil (my LFS will take them). The JD is really starting to grow on me (will almost take beef heart right from my hand). I'd really like to keep him but all I have is 46 bow front with a Fluval 305 (both brand new and empty). Sorry for being so long winded but my question is would the 46 bow front be adequate for the JD with a couple large corys?

Welcome.

Unfortunately I really think that a 46 bow is too small for a JD. I'd recommend a 55 gallon or larger to house one. The large cories would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom