Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

jungle ick guard 2

Hi guys! Anyone use this product? Did it work for you? If I need to do a second treatment should I change water first? It doesn't say on the bottle that you have to. Also should I turn the heat back down or leave it high?
I just just put this in my tank a couple minutes ago. I was trying the heat method with vacuming and water changes but things were looking worse so I decided to medicate. Any info would be great. Thanks

Old 04-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgingersnap View Post
Hi guys! Anyone use this product? Did it work for you? If I need to do a second treatment should I change water first? It doesn't say on the bottle that you have to. Also should I turn the heat back down or leave it high?
I just just put this in my tank a couple minutes ago. I was trying the heat method with vacuming and water changes but things were looking worse so I decided to medicate. Any info would be great. Thanks
I'll be watching closely... I have the same problem too...

Ugh

asudavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

No one has any advice about ick?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i've got ick in my 75g cichlid tank right now. i've been ising paragard. it's suppose to be really good. they say to treat for 14 days. after 3 days, all of the symptoms were gone. i kept using it like they said though. on day 12, two of my fish started showing signs of it again. i've started the treatment over again. i have invreased the temp to 88 this time. maybe between the two, it will finally go away.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have found the temp treatment the best way to rid yourself of Ick.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry I have not used that product. Heat method for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc9100 View Post
i have increased the temp to 88 this time. maybe between the two, it will finally go away.
Make sure you have enough splashing / surface agitation to keep the oxygen levels up at the higher temp.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well, I just did dose number 2. The directions say to treat every 24 hours until there are no signs of ick left. It doesn't say to change the water when you re-dose but I did 25% anyway. Plus I heard it's good to vacume up the spoors or whatever they are when they fall off the fish. I still have my heat up at 85-86 too. I have an airstone and left the water level a bit lower too. Everyone is eating and active still so hopefully they'll all make it. I'll be terribly upset if I lose my angelfish. Good luck to you guys that are having this problem too!

Tags
ick, jungle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com