Just added 3 new fish to community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all... well I just added 3 new dwarf loaches to my community tank this week and I've only seen one of them in plain view and one other briefly, while the 3rd is a no show Lol. I didn't realize they are such small and nervous fish.
Anyone know if that is normally what they do(hide) until they get comfy enough with their new home or will they always stay out of view?

On another note... I'm not sure what exactly they like to eat, but I gave them some shrinking pellets that I feed the cories usually, and I hope they will eat it from the bottom after it falls. I didn't have the patience today to sit and watch if they come out and eat it, but I threw them close to where they hide. Anyone who has experience with this free to chime in.

Sometimes fish take time to become comfortable with there environment. You are feeding the right food. Just give them time, they will be bouncing off the walls.

Sometimes fish take time to become comfortable with there environment. You are feeding the right food. Just give them time, they will be bouncing off the walls.

Yeah I hope so... They are Kool looking little fish. It's funny to see fish that make the cories even look big. :lol:

Update... So I now have seen 2 of the 3 new dwarf Loaches in plain view. I must say they are very cool little fish, nice color, and very peculiar acting. I have see them come face to face with a Cory or 2 and there was no problem. But I have never seen any of my fish dart around as quick as these guys do... Lightening quick.

Back
Top Bottom