Just had a brainstorm! LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since 'my' main aquarium is at work, I've been wondering what I should do in terms of buying new fish and quarantining them. I've read a bit about Q'ing the new fish and I really like the idea, I just don't have room in my office for a Q tank, then tonight it hit me! I can buy a small aquarium (probably 10 gal) to keep at my house. After the recommended quarantine if all is well, I can bring them to the 'big' tank. My work place is only about a five minute drive from my house so it's pretty logical that they could make the drive with no problem. Doing this would also allow me to have some fish at home (while Q'ing them) to take care of (which of course I love that idea!).

Does this sound like a good idea to you?

- Mandy

Sounds good Gourami! I don't see why you couldn't do that, just keep the fish bags. Could you fit the QT under the main tank? I put our QT in the stand of the 150. I'm not sure the dimensions of the 46, that's why I ask.

I don't think a QT tank would fit under the big tank, but then again I'm a bad judge of eyeballing things. It's a bow tank so the stand is also bow which of course means that it's not a normal rectangular stand.

Do you leave the QT tank under the main tank while you have fish in it?

- Mandy

Right now I just have some snails in there, keeping it cycled, but yes, we plan to keep it under the 150. It is a space saver for us.

i just set up a fry grow out/QT tank...i now have 3 tanks in my apartment totalling 94 gals...UGH...i want a 150 tall SOOOOOO bad....

Back
Top Bottom