Kuhlii Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The are opprotunistic snail eaters ie they are not the best for snail control. Clowns are good and so are Yo Yos IMO

There are many types of loaches that don't eat snails. The loaches in the botia family are more likely to eat snails than several of the other loaches.

Kuhliis like dark places too. Even if you can't do sand, caves or plants like Anubias sp. (very low light friendly, BIG leaves that make caves, just use the roots to attach it to something and leave all the green plant stuff free) are appreciated by them. They'll hang on stems or whatever too when comfortable before jetting to the glass over Otos or messing with some other part of the tank. They're great fish :)

I used to see pond snail shells around in my tanks with Kuhliis. If they did eat them 6 in an 8 gallon could not keep the pond snal population in check, but thats okay because not overfeeding does.

I just got 5 Black Kuhli's yesterday and have to say they are awesome and unique! I was also told that they dont eat snails like the other Botia loaches. So far they could care less about my snails.

Anyway they are great fish and I highly recommend them

I never have a freshwater tank with out some khulis. They look cool.
often they hide, but they do come out and run around. They seem playful at times. They also freak out when you clean the substrate.
Theyre very peaceful non-aggressive fish.
Highly recommend getting at least 2, if not 4.

Back
Top Bottom