Large and/or aggressive cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacelizard

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know there's the Monster Fishkeepers' forum, but I wanted to ask here anyway:

Anyone here into big and/or aggressive FW fish? Ideally cichlids, but I'm not gonna hate if it's a behemoth catfish or aripmas [emoji3]

I've been in love with them ever since I saw a YouTube vid of a guy's wolf cichlid. It's not just the size or the fact that they act butthurt 24/7, but how a lot of them are highly intelligent, beautiful and challenging. I mean, so doesn't want to say they had to battle their fish to clean the tank? Haha

I'd love to keep one some day, but I accept that I'm not there yet in terms of meeting its needs and have to live vicariously through others.

So what do you have or dream of?

Size "Does" Matter

-In terms of the tank, when keeping more than one variety of cichlid. I'm no expert by any means, but whenever you have territorial creatures, it only makes sense that the more territory they have to share, the better. I presently have 3 Convicts, a Jack Dempsey and an Oscar along with an assortment of a dozen or so other smaller inhabitants in a 190gal tank, no problem. We'll see how it goes after the Oscar and JD get big enough to start eating stuff that moves.

-In terms of the tank, when keeping more than one variety of cichlid. I'm no expert by any means, but whenever you have territorial creatures, it only makes sense that the more territory they have to share, the better. I presently have 3 Convicts, a Jack Dempsey and an Oscar along with an assortment of a dozen or so other smaller inhabitants in a 190gal tank, no problem. We'll see how it goes after the Oscar and JD get big enough to start eating stuff that moves.
That's my problem. My Tiger Oscar is approx. 8 inches and there's probably a 70 or 80% chance that whatever I put in the tank, he'll smash within 24 hours and eat. He's a little sob Haha

Get a 500 gallon tank and a pair of dovii if you want mean..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom