LED showdown.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slayer72

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm soon to be buying a led setup for my tank. Its a 75 gallon African cichlid tank, no plants just rock work. I've kind of narrowed it down to 3 choices. The Current USA led +, Aqueon modular or the Beamswork single or double bright. These are within my price range. Anyone with experience with any or all of these please comment. Thanks.

I'm soon to be buying a led setup for my tank. Its a 75 gallon African cichlid tank, no plants just rock work. I've kind of narrowed it down to 3 choices. The Current USA led +, Aqueon modular or the Beamswork single or double bright. These are within my price range. Anyone with experience with any or all of these please comment. Thanks.

If they are just for your display they will work fine. You just want to brighten the tank, fixtures like these really only come into question when your looking to grow things (reef, plants)

Current USA. I have it. Lots of cool settings.

I just got a Current LED myself. Like Godfan said, there are lots of interesting settings. In addition to customizing the colors some, you can set it to "cloudy day" (it slowly gets brighter and dimmer to simulate the sun peaking in and out of the clouds) or "night time storm" (moonlight led with random white flashes for lightning) to name a couple. Plus it comes with a remote!
All this said, I think that once the novelty wears off that I won't play with the settings much.

Back
Top Bottom