Lone neon tetra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20g tank with 7 neon tetras in it at the moment. My tank caught some ick but I managed to fix it and before that I had 13 neon tetras. After all that i have this one neon that seems to hang around on his own and chase away some of the other tetras so he has the whole front of the tank to himself. I dont know if this is a behavior he picked up from my barbs or if he has some sort of illness

Doesn't sound like an illness (the chasing). Perhaps just not social.

Not a female per chance? May hide away if ready with eggs.

In my (limited) experience, there always seems to be an "odd man out" in a small school of fish like that. I don't know what social dynamic is at play to cause this. I suspect that the loner fish is just refusing to find its place within the pecking order. If you bring the school back up in numbers it may rejoin.

In my (limited) experience, there always seems to be an "odd man out" in a small school of fish like that. I don't know what social dynamic is at play to cause this. I suspect that the loner fish is just refusing to find its place within the pecking order. If you bring the school back up in numbers it may rejoin.
Alright ill try doing that thank you for the help

Back
Top Bottom