Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Male crown tail betta

I have a 55 gallon tall tank homing 2 medium size veil angels 5 zebra danio and a German blue ram. My nephew is wanting to put his male crown tail into my tank which if he will be safe I'm not opposed to at all. He lives in a small 2 gallon tank and I know he'd be much happier, if everyone can play nice. Is this feasible? I know pretty much nothing about betta except they can be aggressive fish. The tank is pretty much stocked to my liking although might add a couple more angels, 5 more danio and another blue ram. Opinions? Topfin 75 is the filter.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I wouldnt with the Ram just because of territorial issues on bith sides.
Also Z. Danio can get nippy imo.

You do have size going for you however with 55 gallons so theres likely places to hide and space, also i dont think waster will be an issue.

Maybe put him in a breeder box for a bit and see how every one gets on for a day.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yeah the ram was a little bit of a jerk to the angels at first now they chill together. It's pretty funny cause he's so much smaller than the angels but now there best friends.

Tags
betta, crown, male, tail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com