Male Guppies in a Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

How do male guppies do in a community tank with all small size fish (see profile). I was thinking of getting 6 of them but I don't hear a lot about them, despite their beautiful markings.

Guppies always a good choice. They can add some very beautiful colors and activity to a community tank.

There are quite a variety of guppies out there, including some that are quite stunning. Take a look in the galleries (especially fancyguppyman) for some ideas.

Thanks, just wanted to confirm they didn't need a different water chemistry or anything. I think I'll get 6 tonight :D

Tony, don't know if you've looked into Endler's Livebearers before, but check them out before you buy the guppies:p

Awesome fish, but hard to find at the fish stores I go to. Petsmart had some, but the looked like they were guppy/endlers crosses and looked pretty bad. If I find some pure ones I'll be all over them. Thanks for the advice though.

Guppies are great. I'm sure they will be an excellent addition to your tank!! Good luck with them. :mrgreen:

I guess I could always get both, I am looking for 2 more schools of 6 fish. I'll have to see what they have at the store tonight.

Back
Top Bottom