Male or Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And brookerster

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I was 100% with Gillie. Those were not curvis. Bummer they didn't work out for you, I am a fan of N. anomala.
In addition to how big the tank is, what else do you have in there?
Keep in mind when you read descriptions that "peaceful" and "peaceful cichlid" is not really the same thing, and even the most peaceful cichlids can get pretty feisty while breeding.

I do not have anything in the tank and I understand I just meant by less aggressive than other cichlids sorry I should have worded that differently. My tank is a 10 gallon

A pair of Apistogramma borellii would do well in a 10 gallon, they are very docile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I'll look them up thanks Gillie

Ok I'll look them up thanks Gillie

Question? Have you kept dwarfs before? If you're wanting to breed these guys it can be tricky to get the tank parameters to their specific likings. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Question? Have you kept dwarfs before? If you're wanting to breed these guys it can be tricky to get the tank parameters to their specific likings. .

This is why I suggested borellii, they along with cacatuoides are excellent beginner dwarves and will spawn in a wide range of parameters (if there is an interest) but do better than cacs in a 10 gallon;)

This is why I suggested borellii, they along with cacatuoides are excellent beginner dwarves and will spawn in a wide range of parameters (if there is an interest) but do better than cacs in a 10 gallon;)

Good to know! I've never even seen them in person..

Oh I forgot to mention, stay away from the opal/ red face variety, they can be aggressive for some reason.

Okay if I decide to go with them I will

Back
Top Bottom