Mean tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I took out the tetras (brought them back to the store) I have 3 julli Corys, 2 sunburst platys (just got), 2 shrimp and a small little pleco and my plan is to get a 10 gallon tank next time I get paid

Ok so I took out the tetras (brought them back to the store) I have 3 julli Corys, 2 sunburst platys (just got), 2 shrimp and a small little pleco and my plan is to get a 10 gallon tank next time I get paid

That could work, might be pushing it with the pleco so try to aim for a 15 g mabye

Sorry to say but even that's overstocked.
Do heavy water changes until you get the 10 gallon set up.
Honestly, I would have gotten no fish at all until a 10 gallon was set up.

What do you plan on doing for cycling?

So without the platys and just the Corya pleco and shrimp can they do well in there for a month? Then of I get a ten could I add anything?

You making beginner mistakes with the help of your fish store. This isn't so uncommon and try not to get frustrated. How long do you think it will be until you can get a new tank and how big of one can you afford? If you can get a 15g you can keep all but the pleco which IMO you should return to get the bioload down in the 5g.

Can you tell me how big the fish are or even better yet can you post a picture of the tank with the fish in it? If the fish you bought are small, which I am hoping they are, and you do 2 WC's a week, which isn't bad considering how small the tank is and how quick you can do them, and take the pleco back, you might be able to keep the fish in the 5g for a couple weeks. But you have to feed very lightly, do those WC's, and the pleco needs to go.

I would try to trade the pleco in, then you could have a few more stocking options with fish

If you rehome the pleco you could do the 2 platys and 3 corys. But you'll have to do weekly water changes and not over feed.

Back
Top Bottom