MICHIGAN FISH STORES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should I post here? I have a response.

I recently moved to Lansing after living in Midland and Mt. Pleasant all my life (fire up Chips!). All I had ever been to was the petsmarts, etc. No good LFS's. Recently I found out about Preuss in downtown Lansing. It was an annoying drive but the place is amazing. They quarantine all their fish for 2 weeks. I purchased my 50 gallon tank and filter and stand there. It is great.

I really recommend it. The place is huge, with tons of different species. SW, FW, a whole line of tanks with cichlids, tons of plants, coral, etc. It is awesome.

Certainly you can post here. The suggestion for the regional forums is simply because often the topic has been discussed and the op of the thread can find a lot of different lfs's usually.

Wetthumb Aquatics they breed cichlids mostly,but they are the best at what they do. They are located in New Baltimore. I'm not sure where Linden is exactly, but they have people that travel hundreds of miles out of state to buy their fish from them. Check out Wetthumbaquatics.com to see a large portion of their selection. I've been buying my fish from them for years and don't like buying cichlids from anywhere else.

mugginns said:
Recently I found out about Preuss in downtown Lansing. It was an annoying drive but the place is amazing. They quarantine all their fish for 2 weeks. I purchased my 50 gallon tank and filter and stand there. It is great.

I really recommend it. The place is huge, with tons of different species. SW, FW, a whole line of tanks with cichlids, tons of plants, coral, etc. It is awesome.

Preuss, Preuss, Preuss!
It's the best LFS I've ever been to, anywhere. Knowledgable staff, huge selection, etc.
They are a little pricey sometimes, but its worth it. Very rare to see a sick fish there.
Highly recommended by me as well. Even all the LFS's around the state know about Preuss (they always ask me if I go there when they find out I go to MSU).

Near Grand Rapids there is a store called Aquarium Services. It's not your normal lfs in that they aren't really there to "sell you" on anything... They qt everything, have the best prices I have EVER seen, and don't have a store full of junk that you don't really need. Here is their website. As you can see, they specialize in setup and maintainance, but their recently opened store is great! :)

Back
Top Bottom