micro crab question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am interested in adding a crustacian to my tank. I found these micro crabs and wondered if they would work in a 29 gallon tank with mollies, ghost shrimp, nerite snails, and khuli loaches. The description says they are community tank safe but I know pet places often say things that aren't right.
Micro Crab / Limnopilos naiyanetri - Alpha Pro Breeders
here is a link to what I am looking at getting

I cannot say for sure as I've never owned them but I'd be concerned about the mollies eating them, or at least causing them to hide so you never see them.

They are about the size of regular aquarium gravel. IMO, best in species only or micro fish tanks.

Ive had one before and they hide all day and From what i have read online and IME they just disappear one day. Also, they are filter feeders so you want a mature tank.

Okay I will skip the micro crabs. I am looking into getting another aquarium. This hobby gets addictive. LOL I am looking at a 20 long. I like the lower profile and the length. I would love to have a 60 or larger tank and I am keeping an eye out for give a ways or yard sales. Both my 10 gallon and 29 gallon were give to me by family. She actually had a much larger tank but had already given it to her daughter-in-law. The daughter-in-law has let it get cruddy so I am hoping she will get tired of it and give it to me. Or more likely sell it to me.

Back
Top Bottom