moved my 30g upstairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth_cannibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
since no one hangs out downstairs in the basement anymore and its become storage mainly I moved my 30g up into my bedroom this evening. now I have a bit of a fish room. took me 2 hours and i don't know how many trips up the stairs but happy i don't have to run up and down to do a water change anymore.

in case someone searches for how to move an aquarium this is what I did. i used 4 buckets total

drained a few buckets to make it easier to net the fish and placed them in a bucket of tank water.

took out the décor/gravel and put it all in 2 5 gallon buckets of tank water to keep it wet.

drained out as much of the water as my gravel vac would let me. saved probably about 8-10 gallons of water total from the tank.

moved the tank, stand and equipment upstairs.

then put the gravel back in the tank and got it covered with water. then the rest of the décor.

put the rest of the water i saved into the tank and filled it up with water conditioned with prime.

re-started the undergravel filter, heater and light. waited about an hour to settle some and make sure the temp was right.

reintroduced the fish.

way the room is set up i could just barely get all the tanks in the pic if you can even tell. my slr kind of sucks. oh and pardon the mess after getting it moved i think i will tidy up tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC08496.jpg
    DSC08496.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom