moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retorres70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
moving africans from 30 gal to 55 gal. they are getting to be decent size and don't want them to get too aggresive when they get bigger.
so my question is ; What would be good to put in 30 gal. I know that question is asked alot so here is what i am looking at.
do want angels, and male betta w/ females.
is mixing the two possible?
want others that are colorful and lively that won't outgrow a 30gal. tank.

You could put a pair of angels in there with some mixed tetras or something, or, what would be really cool, would be a breeding pair of N. brichardi. They will almost surely spawn and the subsequent generations can remain in the tank for a longer time than with other cichlids. Maybe a syno cat or something, or a dwarf pleco if you like. Also, a 30 would make an excellent shelldweller tank, with sand, rocks and shells.

From what I understand, male bettas and females just can't be kept together for any period of time. As far as I know, in the wild they do not stay together at all and it can get ugly, so what is usually done is they are put together to spawn and once the eggs are in the nest the female is removed.

I think you are right to move the Africans out, as that is kindof small for them, but otherwise you have lots of options.

Back
Top Bottom