Moving an aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nam69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will have to move my 75 gallon away from the wall in order to get new flooring down. Has anyone done this before. I was hoping to siphon off 75 % of the water and try to drag it away from the wall put the new flooring down and then move it back. Will this work?? Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers

I have moved all my tanks like that, I am ocd about cleaning. Once a week during my pwc's I slide my tanks out so I can clean behind them. As long as you dont flex the stand, which will flex the tank, you should be fine.

Sounds good and thanks for the advice, Where do you keep all your water, I have used a garbage can with a plastic liner to hold my water so I can get most of it back in and not have my tank cycle

Most of your bacteria will be on your filter media and substrate, keep those wet and you will be fine. I move my tanks during the pwc's, so all my water goes down the drain.

The good bacteria are in the gravel/substrate, filter and on the decor. Hardly any of it lives in the water column so there is no need to store to used water. Just treat this as your normal water change and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the help guys, I understand (common sense)

The good bacteria are in the gravel/substrate, filter and on the decor. Hardly any of it lives in the water column so there is no need to store to used water. Just treat this as your normal water change and you'll be fine.

Yes, but it may be that the fresh water you put in will be of slightly different chemistry to the tank water. So I would say keep as much of the tank water as you possibly can.

Back
Top Bottom