My 100 Gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about school black skirt tetras? Go well with angels and cards. Just get more angels! I have 13 and they school themselves.

I think I may try to rehome the gar if he becomes a problem cause I hate going to the fish store and have to try to figure out which fish aren't going to fit in his mouth lol. He hasn't ate anything yet other then feeders so well see. I want more angels I'm just waiting for my lfs to have some more colorful ones that aren't $25+ each lol

They are I believe 2 asian swords, an amazon sword and a java fern is the small one. I plan on getting a bunch more they change the whole look of the tank

AquaMason said:
yeah they do. think theyy would survive with my jewel cichlids?

The swords and ferns should survive them yes. Try anubias also, chichlids wont eat anubias

New filter. I can't believe how this thing is dead silent. I heard it was quiet but that's an understatement lol

ForumRunner_20120120_213240.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120120_213345.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120120_213345.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 84
  • ForumRunner_20120120_213400.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120120_213400.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 84
  • ForumRunner_20120120_213929.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120120_213929.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 95
In case anyone is interestedI just finished building my stand. Well 90% done. Total cost was about $150 for all the material. Not to shabby. O and this is my first carpenters project lol

ForumRunner_20120212_190004.jpg

Great job Joe, stands looks pretty professional. I was thinking about doing that when I was working on my 55gal, but then ended up just getting a good deal on craigslist.

Thanks, I realized now after getting only a tank on craigslist instead of buying a whole set up that it cost more in the long run. Even though I got awesome deals on everything it took a lot more time.

Next tank I will be buying a complete set up from craigslist lol. The stand is almost done I just need to get handles and i'm going to be putting some trim around the top and bottom to give the stand a better visual appeal.

Ah, well don't let my laziness discourage you. You did a great job, when I get a bigger apartment or house I may end up building one. Good luck with it all!

Just a small up date. Added some new fish along with 2 54"t5 fixtures. Drift wood I found recently waiting to sink.

Once the drift wood has sunk i'm changing the decor a ton. Going to go with a more natural look. No more fake stuff lol

Oh wow! It looks amazing! I LOVE the sand but sadly can't find anywhere in my city that stocks it in qualtities larger then 1kg :( Looks gorgeous in your tank though, very jealous!

Back
Top Bottom