My Angelfish is Making Sounds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishesfriend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I feel like since I found this forum I post too much, but I have so many questions since I'm kind of a noob.

So, just now, while I am in a chair so close I can touch the tank, my largest angelfish made 3 clicking sounds. I happened to be watching the tank because I am trying to measure him for possibe re-homing, when suddenly he clicked thrice very loudly, each time his body twitched hard like I've seen when he's posturing for another angel though none near him.

I have Googled this and keep reading forums where someone like me asks what that sound is and then someone who's been keeping angelfish for 30 yrs and their dad for 30 yrs before that says they've never heard it. PLEASE tell me one of you have seen/heard this! :blink:

Haha territory battle with your fish
Ahhhhh... Well, that does make sense. He wants the entire tank to himelf, but he's been trying to fight the other 3 for a couple of months. I figured all this time he wanted to mate (which is what I want) and that at least ONE of the other 3 was female, but he hates them all. haha

Guess I'm not match-maker. :cool:

(so you've heard this before from freshwater Anglefish?):thanks:

Back
Top Bottom