my bristlenose has formed an alliance with my Kuhli Loaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
hahahahahahahhhhaha

its sooooooooo funny.

I have 1 bristlenose,
3 kuhli loaches (not babies, but khuli loaches are generally small in nature - as you all know)
7 bronze cories

anyways - we all know that cories are absolute pigs !!!
they steal everyones food
they come in herds - in one giant stampede gobbling all the food.

My Kuhli loaches - being the worms that they are...are kinda slow to the food.
They still get fed plenty - fat little loaches they are -
but just not as quick to the food compared to the cories.

well my bristlenose is freaken funny.
He runs to the food (not as quick as the cories, but faster than the khuli loaches)..
and he gathers the food and pushes the food to the khuli loaches - awwww how nice !!
and they have a big banquet together.

Meanwhile - the cories (being the pigs that they are), are still super hungry (even after eating 10 pellets), and go searching to steal the food from the khuli loaches.
But my bristlenose defends my khuli loaches, and prevents the cories from stealing their food and chases them away
awwwwww how nice !!

this only happens at dinner time - and its only friendly
nothing serious
other than that - the community is super happy!!

My little raphael cat and my knife fish have done the same thing, sorta. My parrot fish always tries to hoard the little wafers for himself when I drop 'em in, so the catfish takes his into the back of the knife fish's cave where the parrot fish isn't allowed. :p It's funny to watch.

img_512809_0_35780ba15412787bc2ed150a3424b08c.gif
I want to see a pic!

How cute! It's funny that your kuhli loaches are slow to the food I think mine are the fastest things in my tank!! They zip around like maniacs at feeding time and I have yet to get a pic that doesn't look like a wormy blur!!! I call them the three evils. They come out and steal food and push it under decorations so noone can get it but them. :p I don't know what I would do if I ever had to move them from the tank for some reason. I honestly believe they would be impossible to catch 8O

Hrafnkel said:
so the catfish takes his into the back of the knife fish's cave where the parrot fish isn't allowed. :p It's funny to watch.

exactly! -
my kuhli loaches have a cave too (extremely tiny - more like a crevice)
anyways, ONLY my bristlenose and khuli loaches can fit inside the entrance (since the bristlenose is extremely flat and the khuli loaches aint that tall)

its so funny - during feeding time, all the fish go nuts !!
and you can see the khuli loaches peaking their heads out of their cave.
They quickly scramble for the food, gather it, wrap themselves around their food and drag it into their caves.

i have to add, my khuli loaches do and always eat in the open.
But once they sense the cories have eaten all their food and are searching for more - they protect their own food by bringing it into the cave.
Same goes with the bristlenose.

its too cute

anyways, I have to add...
Cories NEVER stop moving (do they ever sleep?).
They are active 24/7 !
If any aquarists wants movement and a busy tank - you got to have cories!

They come out and steal food and push it under decorations so noone can get it but them. :p

that sounds like "MY" khuli loaches !!!
:lol: :lol:

I don't know what I would do if I ever had to move them from the tank for some reason. I honestly believe they would be impossible to catch 8O
I agree...lets not forget how tiny and slender they are!
I remember when I bought my Khuli loaches - the sales lady had to take all the decorations and sponge filter out of the tank !!!
Because the Khuli loaches would zip underneath all the decorations everytime she tried to catch them.
In the end, she had to use 2 nets and catch them by netting the gravel too!

my cories have a half shell cave that i picked up from the beach that they like to all hide in... not all the time, they come out and play... but especially during feeding time! Of course, i drop the food all over the tank, not just in one spot, so there's no worry about someone not getting enough :)

Back
Top Bottom