My current 10-gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadowraven

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've resisted posting this because this tank is not an example of my best effort. But it seems to make the fish happy. The tank is, as stated, a normal 10-gallon tank. The filter used is an AC30 with a heater situated by the outflow and a fluorescent tank hood.

It is stocked with 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Bronze Corydoras (a male and a female) and a fluctuating population of pond snails.

That is all that I plan to put into this tank. I don't want to overcrowd it.

36852-albums1531-picture10459.jpg

The tank itself

36852-albums1531-picture10460.jpg

Some of my Zebra Danios playing in the filter outlet.
They are a little blurry because they would not stand still for a family photo! ;)

36852-albums1531-picture10461.jpg

My Corydoras cleaning the tank.

Yes I liked the colors also, so your snails are the ones taking care of the possible algae? What kind of lights do you have?

The hood & lighting is made by All Glass Aquarium. It utilizes a simple 15w tube fluorescent bulb. Nothing fancy.

This tank doesn't receive any direct sunlight, so not too many problems with algae. What there is the snails usually manage to take care of.

The substrate consists of very coarse sand with some gravel for highlights.

The plants are obviously artificial and on the left side is a small flowerpot embedded on its side in the sand. You can just barely see it in the photo behind one of the "plants". The corys like to hang out in this "cave".

Hey I wanted to put some Glo fish (danios) into a 14 gal but I thought I better not because I figured they need 20 minimum. How are they doing in your 10? I still have the 14 empty and sure would like some glo's in there but aren't they too active for a tank that size?

I'm slightly concerned you only have 2 cory's they usually like to be in groups of 4 or more...I think 6 or more is ideal!

Joyler: Yeah, I know. You're right in that corys prefer more company than these guys have. Ideally I'd like to do that, but I have a some issues that are preventing me from doing that right now. They seem OK and even breed after some water changes. When I move them to the larger tank I'll be getting them 4 or 6 new friends.

siva: Danios like more swimming room, but these guys are pretty happy. Just be sure not to add too many. 8 is probably the maximum I would do for a tank this size. If you plan to have other fish, watch the overcrowding. Danios don't like to be crowded.

Good to know, thanks. Yeah I think the bronze cories get a little too big to put more than 2 in a 10 gal. From my experience with them, they are OK as long as there is at least 2. One cory all alone is a sad sight though lol

Ok...good im really sarcastic in person, so I always have to rethink how I come across in text situations :)

Back
Top Bottom