My First Experience With NLS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

I just got some New Life Spectrum Thera A 3mm Sinking Large fish formula for my birthday. I've heard only good things about NLS so I was really expecting good results. I was told by a lot of people that all their fish love it and even some say that NLS is all their fish will eat. Well, my experience has been just the opposite. It has been 3 days and I have been exclusively feeding NLS pellets. I've only gotten a few fish that actually like it. Out of all my fish that like pellets (ID Sharks, Pacu, Angels, Blood Parrots, Cories, Plecos, Catfish, Rainbow Shark, Dwarf Gourami, Rainbow Fish) only one of my Angels likes it, one of my Blood Parrots, and 1 of my Plecos. This was extremely shocking because my Red Bellied Pacu will eat anything!! Yet he doesn't like NLS, this was very disappointing. Eventually I think he will eat it but all my fish seem to like Hikari much more. I haven't noticed any coloration change either in the fish that do like the NLS. Some people have said that they have noticed color changes after one day of feeding but I haven't noticed anything. IMO Hikari > NLS but I will still give it some more time. Another fish food that I have heard great things about is Massivore. NLS and Massivore seem to be the most common foods fed to monster fish so I will definitely have to buy some and compare. But now I'm wondering what is your favorite fish food brand and why? I think mine is Hikari.

Back
Top Bottom